FL Financial Responsibility and Stability 14 Hour Program #2
0 hrs. Online Course
Item #: RV-PGM213
Item #: RV-PGM213
This course has been discontinued.
In part 1 of this 13 part program, we'll give you the basics of business development so you can understand the process, technical skills such as communications and networking and how to take a business strategy and creating an effective plan of action.
Part 2 of this interactive online course provides you with tools and techniques that you can understand and easily apply to any decision you have to make – at work or at home.
Part 3 provides tactics and tools to make the most of your time and what's most important to you.
Parts 4 through 6 help you develop the skills needed to price your services to ensure profitability on every job.
Part 7 discusses key concepts such as negotiation strategies, scope, and compromise are presented to help you better understand how to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with your clients.
Part 8 covers important strategies for hiring, interviewing, and managing your employees are presented. The part concludes by discussing the importance of quality management and outlines how to create an effective quality control program.
Part 9 looks at the financial responsibilities of the project manager. Topics such as choosing the appropriate accounting method and improving cash flow are presented. The course also includes an in depth look at over 100 ways to cut overhead costs.
Part 10 of this interactive online course will help you create a budget by discussing best practice methods and methodologies that have proven fruitful for many formerly harried individuals, You will learn tested strategies for establishing and maintaining a budget that works for you.
In part 11 you will learn the importance of networking and receive strategies that you can start to use to build strong relationships today! Not just 'business card' relationships, but ones that will yield enjoyment and opportunities for years
In part 12 you will examine contract basics, including contract sections and appropriate terms, in addition to negotiating rules and ways to manage risk.
The final portion of this program discusses profit. Every design firm is in the business of providing professional consulting services to its clients. To be successful and remain in this business, however, its projects must be profitable (that is, the revenue must exceed all costs including overhead and profit expectations). In addition, clients must receive invoices in a timely manner, and your firm must receive payment for the completed work within the time specified in the contrac
• Recognize that business development activities are based on a business’ strategy.
• Describe and apply techniques for critical thinking and decision-making as an individual or as part of a team.
• Employ the seven tactics for scheduling your ideal week, using your time investment strategy and the concept of equanimity
• Choose the most effective of the five basic contract types for any type of job
• Focus your strategic planning process on the most crucial areas of your business
• Coordinate the six critical elements of strategic planning and govern them effectively
• Design an annual business plan designed to meet your short-term goals
• Develop a simple, realistic long-term (three to five years) planning process
• Understand the difference between planning and budgeting
• Utilize worksheets and sample rate calculations
• Avoid common project budgeting pitfalls across all budget methods
• Learn why you should negotiate scope instead of price
• Describe how to create and maintain a personal budget
• Find and develop project leads. Identify relationship opportunities
• Identify the basic features of contracts and typical contract alternatives.
• Explain why profit is a necessity and the steps that can be made to generate profit.
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
No results found.
This course does not have any reviews yet.
NOTE: State license renewal information is provided as a convenience only and is subject to change at any time. It is the ultimate responsibility of the individual to be sure that he or she is meeting continuing education requirements for each license and corresponding renewal period. Information above was pulled on Sunday, February 25, 2024.